Jan 26, 2012

The Show Approaches Debut!



The new LEGACY shows are underway to debut on April 19th. This time it’s an “on our own” production. Were talking insurance, liabilities, employment of some artist to do costuming and lighting as well as managing and direct the stage etc. For these shows, I’ve taken on choreography, marketing, music editing as well as the business side of the production which includes production financing and handling whatever comes my way from any of the areas mentioned above. It’s a BEAST of a project. On top of that, in the background I’m working on the second set of shows at L’Homme Deu Theatre in Alexandria which hit in July. Needless to say, I’m exhausted!!  

What’s NOT exhausting is the kick ass show this one in turning out to be. I must say that this show will be different than others in the past.

I’ve been told by several theatre directors that I need to condense LEGACY to something SOLID and "stable". I always like to play around with the songs and dance numbers in terms of variety. I always like to throw in something completely random like “Blood on the Dance  Floor” or “Ghost”. This is something other MJ impersonators are not doing. For the most part, they stick to the classics which is great but I like to add something different to our show in order to stand out from the hundreds of MJ impersonators there are out there.

In taking advice from directors in this business, I'm working towards making this show to be “the best of LEGACY” if you will. I’ve taken people’s favorite numbers and turned this show into what it’s becoming; solid, dance PACKED and high energy. There are still some surprises in there that I know I didn’t see coming until it was brought to the table. 


LEGACY has promo-shows scheduled in various places such as the Winter Carnival, The Saloon, the Landmark Center and other locations in order to push promotion for LEGACY at SteppingStone Theatre. You might notice that LEGACY isn’t naming times and dates on many shows that come to light on YouTube or Facebook and that’s because I'm targeting brand new audiences. I want our current audiences to go to the show and see everything as brand new and not something they saw at a promo-event.

The toughest challenge at this point has truly been hiring a Lighting Designer/Technical Director. We started with six candidates and now were down to two. One we’ve worked with before and the other one is new. Both are great and it’s difficult choosing who’s going to light this show. As a matter of fact, this year’s budget is geared to the lighting design. I told every potential designer "I want your design to be inspired by MJ, the music and this image (the promos). It's full of color, saturation and movement. 

I am very happy where we are at this point and I’m looking forward to opening the doors to this incredible piece if work. Michael Jackson gives us SO MUCH to work with and I am in awe when I really dive in, deep and get to experience his work from a completely different standpoint that the listener. 

LC 

P.S. Yes, you will see “Remember the Time” in this show. I know that was a big mistake last year (leaving it out). Many of you were not so fond of that decision. Well, it’s back!!  And better than ever!  




Promo Cards
Photography- Xavier Tavera
Design- "LC Jackson"

No comments:

Post a Comment